Found an old Dell laptop in a dumpster. Booted it up. It seemed like a clean Windows XP install, except I noticed a file in the Recent Documents list named poem 6-12-14 which was about a week prior to the day I had found the old Dell laptop. I opened this file from the My Documents folder and unsurprisingly yet surprisingly, there was a good poem written inside. I took this photo with your typical Samsung smartphone and later processed it using Photoshop on a much newer MacBook Air laptop, inverting the colors like a photo negative because I guess I thought it gave the poem a more fitting backdrop.
And this is my website. I started building it in 2005 and today you can browse over 1,000 pages of content spanning two decades of activity. As a software developer, artist, photographer, musician, collector, scientist, writer, and entrepreneur, this site grows steadily through a practice of "autodidocumenticism" with the basic idea that "life is art is content"!
Exciting news for the millions of Steve Or Steven Read fans out there - got a new used Panasonic NN-SN671S "The Genius" Sensor 1200W Microwave via nextdoor.com, and married a beautiful lady during the same week. To celebrate our new second-hand convenience appliance and our lifelong relationship commitment, I found some product images of the microwave and made a nice little GIF, mostly because the vendor provided photos showing the inside space of the unit both with and without food. The vendor website attempted to disallow me from downloading the images, but using my browser's inspection tools it was fairly easy to circumvent their script codes. The depicted bowl of possibly yet-to-be-cooked food appears to be chicken wings, or maybe crawdads. I doubt we will ever microwave a bowl of such items, but we paid a fair price for the unit and are a very happy couple so far.
LE-6667 Limited Edition model, now accepting pre-orders for a limited time. Guaranteed to function flawlessly with your iGenital device in any color spectrum. Earn double boner brain points for any and all Facebook or MyGenital shares. All orders subject to various random surcharges, penalties, and lifelong transaction authorization holds.
JPEG file found recently on eBay, creator unknown. I seem to remember that the item for sale contained no photos other than this one. A damn fresh image, I would say.
The toy department at the Thrift Center in Vallejo CA, as encountered on a Sunday afternoon.
When you do a google image search for the words "shrimp scampi" the results are 99.99% color photos of plates of shrimp scampi, as if there was no other way for people to conceptualize the words shrimp scampi. I started the tumblr with the notion that the posts were going to be photos of menus and other shrimp scampi metadata, instead of the typical food porn, in hopes of eventually influencing the google image results. Variety is the spice of life.
Enjoyed making this series of linoleum block prints at Kala in Berkeley (in the old Heinz ketchup factory). Better documentation than a mobile photo to be posted here eventually of course, but what the hell here they are now. Some sort of quasi-spontaneous lattice protein folding thing. Maybe its a thought pattern, or a memory signature, the key to my cortex.
This is the end of my front page :)
- Found Poem On Old Dell Laptop Nov-17-2014
- so desperate for a football game i decided to watch Northern Illinois vs Ball State who should i root for who are... Nov-05-2014
- you are not desktop Sep-12-2014
- mosh pit professional Aug-23-2014
- "Hello." -Apple Aug-21-2014
- In Celebration of our New Panasonic Microwave Jul-31-2014
- RoboDump 1.0 (2004) Jul-25-2014
- spent some time in sausalito last week Jun-29-2014
- Introducing the new Samsung-Kindle-Nook Super-Smart-Ass-Plastic-Book-Bag-Tablet-Reader Jun-15-2014
- berkeley bubble happening Jun-15-2014
- PIC TO FOLLOW May-24-2014
- the things you do online when you are not trying to make art .. often turns out to be the ideal online art .. as... May-20-2014
- im sellin this wig May-19-2014
- on most days i divide my body into quadrants (posterior anterior dorsal ventral) and wash my body with soaps of... May-08-2014
- never take your search results for granted May-05-2014
- NO UNSUPERVISED CHILDREN May-05-2014
- Tried to start a shrimp scampi tumblr last year but pretty much failed Apr-29-2014
- i think we just started the first ever shrimp scampi meme Apr-29-2014
- where are all the fucking shrimp scampi memes?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!? its april 29th man Apr-29-2014
- been a long while since i made a thumbnail combination Apr-28-2014
- my eye is the museum, eye unto the world. my eye is the curator, the collector, the dealer, the critic, the scene... Apr-22-2014
- years ago i went to the who concert. then i walked home. Apr-15-2014
- sun dog Apr-03-2014
- joy choi Mar-31-2014
- unpreventable redwoods photo, but at least i am holding an animal Mar-29-2014
- New Linocut Print Series (sneak peak) Mar-27-2014
- ahhhhhh its the bionic woman meets evil kenevil episode tonight! behind the iron curtain he gets turned on when... Mar-23-2014
- always obtain the key/rare items of a series FIRST not last. as you collect the rare prices will rise faster,... Mar-20-2014
- vines and clovers in el cerrito, late "winter" Mar-10-2014
- the bushman is dead. long live the bushman, even though i yelled at him when he bushed me good. i didn't give... Feb-27-2014
- got a flappy bird silver medal on my first day (23 pipes) Feb-08-2014
- close but yes cigar Feb-04-2014
- Brainerd Number 7 (readymade) Jan-24-2014
- color t-shirt .. the myth of freedom Jan-20-2014
- quiet around here lately .. been busy building brand new drupal website .. not art but content art Jan-20-2014
- font awesome is... Jan-07-2014
- found photo of cooks floating in the wind Jan-02-2014
- beauty trumps theory .. beauty trumps process .. at least in theory .. in process .. in practice the theory is... Dec-27-2013
- elf ate my teriyaki chickens Dec-25-2013
- gluttony selfie Dec-16-2013
- berkeley fishing berkeley picking Dec-02-2013
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ALL CAPS! LOVE STEVE Nov-14-2013
- Baby Care App Drawing Nov-14-2013
- unpacking (again) Oct-06-2013
- just submitted a US patent for a 3-D printed butthole Oct-04-2013
- if you try to do something meaningful in your life, you may go bankrupt .. therefore banks may not be meaningful Oct-03-2013
- view above the city of el cerrito, early fall Oct-01-2013
- Found a lovely Ejnar Hansen painting for $5 at a norcal flea market Sep-22-2013
- its been a while since you listened to SONIC YOUTH. Play now? (This is what the machine is asking me) Yes, I say... Sep-16-2013
- stevenre dot sh dot bomb ... dot chrrry pie network scam+gold is a trend this fall. RIGHT and backwards this ring... Sep-14-2013